09:00 – 09:30 Registration for on-site participants
Video-messages of Member States’ Ministers
09:30 – 10:00 Opening session
- Helena Dalli, Commissioner for Equality, European Commission
- Maria-Daniella Marouda,Chair, Council of Europe’s European Commission against Racism and Intolerance
- Angelo Camufingo, Public speaker, activist, consultant, Germany
10:00 – 11:10 High Level Panel discussion:
National action plans against racism and racial discrimination: development, implementation and good practices.
The aim of the panel is to discuss challenges and opportunities related to NAPAR processes, share good practices from Member States in addition to presenting the COM tools to support Member States in NAPAR processes.
EU Member States play an important role in the fight against racism. The Commission encourages member states to adopt their respective national action plans against racism and racial discrimination by the end of 2022, with the upper aim of tackling persistent racism, in all its complexity, with targeted measures and actions and in close cooperation with different stakeholders.
COM tools: Common guiding principles for NAPARs, good practices compendium for NAPARs (2022-23), indicators for monitoring the implementation of NAPARs (2022), Council conclusions on combatting racism and antisemitism.
Scene setting: Ana Gallego, Director-General, DG Justice and Consumers European Commission
- Francisca van Dunem, Minister of Home Affairs, Portugal
- Alice Kuhnke, Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA Group
- Birgit Van Hout, Regional Representative for Europe, UN Human Rights Office
- Michael O’Flaherty, Director, European Agency for Fundamental Rights
- Amina Odofin, The Belgian Coalition for National Action Plans Against Racism
- Kim Smouter, Director, European Network Against Racism (ENAR)
- MEP Frances Fitzgerald, Member of European People’s Party
Discussion in plenary with interventions from participants.